Kino Flo Freestyle 31 Review
We are happy to welcome the Kino Flo Freestyle 31 into our arsenal of lighting fixtures, a star who fully deserves its reputation. Kino Flo, a well known company in the film industry, has launched this cinematographic Swiss Army knife, one of their best-selling lamps so far and it makes life easier for any DP. With great enthusiasm we’ve put this lamp through its paces, kept on experimenting and we got the impression that there are never-ending ways to use it.
What impressed us in the first place is the quality of the product. This lamp is very reliable and built to last – even if you are on the run it’s sturdy enough to keep up . And if you don’t make a big blunder, like throwing it out of a running truck, there’s nothing to worry about!
In the menu There are 4 options:
1. Gels – Here you can find over 100 presets that mimic gets that are frequently used on film sets such as green/blue screen, sodium vapour, mercury vapour, cool white forest, blue sky etc. And if start adjusting the saturation and hue angle, you have a range of about 2 million colours at your disposal. The possibilities are as boundless as your imagination!
2. RGB – You can individually adjust the desired value of red/green/blue.
3. White – Provides user access to Dimming functions (light intensity can be adjusted from 1 to 100%), Kelvin (can be varied between 2700K tungsten and 6500K daylight) and green/magenta balance.
4. FX (Effects) provides access to some very popular effects such as Candle Light, Fire, TV, Police, Lightning, Paparazzi, Pulse and Scroll. In addition, certain parameters can be changed as you like; For example, if you select the Lightning effect, you will discover options like “Storm” and “Frankenstein” but there is also the possibility to change their rhythm/frequency.
The Kit contains:
* 1 x FreeStyle 31 LED Fixture
* 1 x LED 151X DMX Controller
* 1 x Euro and 1 x US-Type Power Cord
* 1 x MTP-BG41 Mount with Baby Receiver
The mount is positioned centrally and the panel can also be rigged by hanging ropes to the corners.
The controller can be mounted on the panel or if you want to operate it remotely you can use the generously long cable.
Last but not least, this lamp is so light that it can easily be handled with one hand.
As a conclusion, we think that the quality of the light produced by this led fixture is great and the subsequent colour correcting and grading process has given us no hassle, which confirms its top grade position once more.
Here’s a presentation made by our friends at @Cinegraf_Studio:
If you want to know more about this light, please click here: https://www.kinoflo.com/Products%20Button/LED/FreeStyle_&_GT_31/ FreeStyle_&_GT_31.html
Click here for more videos from our friends @Studio Cinegraf: